Above Ground Solar Reel and Cover

Oct 31, 2017
Great Falls
Last year we purchased and set up a 21' round pool. We purchased a solar cover (which we use) and a reel which we have yet to install. For what ever reason we are very intimidated by the installation process. One question I have when attaching the blanket to the reel is when you fold the blanket in half, are the straps attached to the thicker part of the blanket where the seam is? This may be question one of many if we finally get the nerve to install this system!

Thank You

Yes, the straps attach to where the seam is doubled over. So when the cover is on the pool, there will be a ~2" seam folded over with the straps attached. I used Stainless Steel bolts, nuts & washers on mine as I though they would hold better than plastic clips
full

Last edited:
Thank you so very much for the answer and visual! That really helps. I I think the intimidation comes from having to drill on the pool ledge and having to be perfect - same with putting the blanket on the reel. We will attempt it in about a week. If you have any additional suggestions, visuals, videos etc. that would be great. Again, thank you.

Thank you so very much for the answer and visual! That really helps. I I think the intimidation comes from having to drill on the pool ledge and having to be perfect - same with putting the blanket on the reel. We will attempt it in about a week. If you have any additional suggestions, visuals, videos etc. that would be great. Again, thank you.
Do you have any pictures by chance? or advice on drilling into the rails? I too am concerned with that part!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.