Above ground pool unlevel

Greensp

Jun 13, 2020
Tenafly NJ
Hi. We decided to get an above ground pool due to all the summer camps closing this summer. We looked at our backyard and thought our patio area was the best place to put it. When looking with a level, it seemed no more than 2” unlevel.
But now that the pool is filled up it seems much more unlevel than that. It is easy to see since there are “tiles” you can count on the deep and shallow side. The supporting legs are also looking unlevel.
Anyone have experience with this? It’s an Intex pool. Is this something that could really collapse? It lasted all day with kids in it but I’m concerned maybe it’s unsafe.

Attachments

• 646EA3A4-215C-4178-81A0-6E33200B289B.jpeg
    646EA3A4-215C-4178-81A0-6E33200B289B.jpeg
    661.5 KB · Views: 73
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    826.9 KB · Views: 77
That is one of the more unlevel pools I've seen posted on here. You have to drain and relevel. I had an intex pool for years and mine was about 1.5 squares unlevel. Also, these pool tend to rust sometimes. If one leg rusts out that will collapse easily. Try to put patio blocks under each leg flush with the ground to provide additional support.

It also looks like it is half on half off your patio. Install the pool either completely on the patio or the lawn with leveled pavers under each leg. The edge of the patio will eventually wear through the liner.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.