Above Ground Pool - Turned Green

Jul 18, 2017
Liverpool
Need some advice.

Seems our above-ground pool turned green over a course of a few days (we were on vacation). I have done these steps so far: tested water and the FC&TC are pretty much nil, ph and alkalinity are good (7.4-7.6), CYA is 0 though. Unfortunately, I didn't have any CYA on hand as it's Sunday and the store is closed. I then cleaned the pool of debris, by the way, I had a pool cover on it while we were gone. I think I may have reverse a step, I added my shock first, then my algaecide, instead of algaecide first run pump then add x3 shock, should this matter or can I just add shock again? Going to run the pump 24/7 for the next few days until it is clear while cleaning the filter out x2 per day.

Have I missed anything? Any advice? Appreciate any and all feedback!

Afro

You need to follow the SLAM Process. To do that, you need a proper test kit. I suggest the TF-100 or Taylor K2006C. A proper test kit is needed to get the accurate water chemistry results needed to follow the TFP protocols.

Algaecide is not used for eliminating algae.

Need some advice.

Seems our above-ground pool turned green over a course of a few days (we were on vacation). I have done these steps so far: tested water and the FC&TC are pretty much nil, ph and alkalinity are good (7.4-7.6), CYA is 0 though. Unfortunately, I didn't have any CYA on hand as it's Sunday and the store is closed. I then cleaned the pool of debris, by the way, I had a pool cover on it while we were gone. I think I may have reverse a step, I added my shock first, then my algaecide, instead of algaecide first run pump then add x3 shock, should this matter or can I just add shock again? Going to run the pump 24/7 for the next few days until it is clear while cleaning the filter out x2 per day.

Have I missed anything? Any advice? Appreciate any and all feedback!

Afro
Sorry meant to add Alkalinity is 90-100

Since writing a few days ago, and using the mentioned in my 1st post, the pool went from green to cloudy and from cloudy to crystal clear. I am amazed! FC & TC chlorine is at 10, but it's sunny today so exposure will help lower it, ph and alkalinity are both within ranges. The pump is still active, and I need to scrub sidewalls and floor, but for the most part, the pool is doing great. CYA is at zero but I am picking up dry stabilizer today.

Thanks for all your suggestions.

Afro

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.