Above ground pool recommendation

farmin

Jun 19, 2022
Texas panhandle
I live in the Texas panhandle. I live in the middle of no where. Dirt, wind, and hail are problems here. Luckily I own a barn that I plan on putting a round above ground pool in. This barn is heated so it will be left up all winter. The barn is sealed very well so I shouldn’t battle the dirt and wind. My main question is because the pool is indoors do I need to buy as expensive of a pool? I don’t want to buy something that wears out in a few years. I was quoted a 24ft dough boy pool for $7500. This seems like a premium pool but is more money than I was hoping to spend. Would like to be around 24 ft in size. It can vary. The barn has room. I see pools starting at 1200-15000. Not sure where the happy medium is. I plan on using chlorine if that matters. Pool will sit on concrete floor. Heated floor barn. Looks aren’t as important as it’s in a barn…

Any recommended pools?

Thanks

I went with a steel Sharkline pool for around $2800 plus tax for 21’ round. I don’t think you have to spend that much to get a decent pool. From what I understand doughboys these days are good but maybe not worth the premium.

My pool installer said he hates installing doughboys these days. Something about the way they are constructed. He actually charges more to install them.

You have to decide the size material of the pool and equipment you want to use and then price things out based on availability and reviews.

Are you going to heat the pool? Seems like the water may not get very warm since it's not out in the sun. I know of someone in Oklahoma that bought a house with an indoor pool, without a heater, and the water was just too cold to enjoy. He ended up making a few solar heater boxes to set outside and heat the water, and that helped.

Reactions: kne
indoor pools have their own issues and you probably need to consider ventilation. I'm sold on intex type pools and if it were indoors and there was good air circulation + proper chemistry it should last 10 or more years easy.

I'm curious..... with all the space you have and in a very warm climate why do you want the pool in the dark barn vs beautiful outdoor sun splashed Texas??

And please share some pics!

Paul

Reactions: Pv2
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.