Above ground pool pump upgrade

kc3139

Jun 4, 2020
Texas
We currently have the Summer Waves 16x 48 Elite above ground pool and it came with the standard 1/8 horsepower pump. Its already making noises and we know upgrading is in our very near future, as filters are pretty much obsolete. So with that being said we have the pump pictured below. We are new to this and trying to find out how to convert to a sand pump. We were told to get the sand pro50. Please let me know any recommendations and pros and cons and if this is even possible with the way our filter is attached to the pool.

Thank you so much!

Attachments

• IMG_2410.jpg
    IMG_2410.jpg
    297.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2412.jpg
    IMG_2412.jpg
    439.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2413.jpg
    IMG_2413.jpg
    281.2 KB · Views: 4
There are some videos on You tube, but this is the method I have seen that could be the easiest and most cost effective way. Assuming that the sand pro 50 uses 1.50" hoses and fittings. Unfortunately I dont have any experience with that pump. Hopefully this might help you get an idea of what to do.
Also use the search function here to look for solutions. Lost of good info just by searching forums.

Last edited:
Reactions: kc3139
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.