Above Ground Pool Pump Recommendation

TiffMoFlo7

Aug 15, 2023
Jamaica, NY
Hi TFP Family! Hope everyone is having a great start to their pool opening season.

I need to get a new pump for my above ground pool that is 15ft x 4ft (approximately 5300 gallons). The original Pooline one cracked due to poor maintenance as a new pool owner. I used the XtremepowerUS brand last year, but after a few weeks it from quiet to extremely loud. Now, I'm looking to replace this pump again to open my pool soon. The pump will be attached with hoses and operate with a sand filter.

Can someone please recommend a good, quiet pump suitable for my pool size and set up?

Thanks for your reply! This sounded good until I seen in the manual that there was some specific wiring that needs to be installed. I really just want to be able to plug into my outside outlet.
Hummmmm. I am not and expert neither electrician but i did it myself and also used the same cable from my old Hayward pump.

If i remember correctly the installation is 3 cables only. I suggest if you don't want to take the risk to do it yourself just take the 2 pumps to a Pool Store and they can do it or call them first and see how much they charge for a new electrical cable with the plug. Will only take 10 minutes.

Hummmmm. I am not and expert neither electrician but i did it myself and also used the same cable from my old Hayward pump.

If i remember correctly the installation is 3 cables only. I suggest if you don't want to take the risk to do it yourself just take the 2 pumps to a Pool Store and they can do it or call them first and see how much they charge for a new electrical cable with the plug. Will only take 10 minutes.
good idea...thanks again!