Above ground pool not level anymore

ricky999

Jan 1, 2021
Québec
Hello all,

I'm trying to find information about my situation. I have an above ground pool, round, 15 feet. About 7 years old, no rust.
It's always been a little off level, at the first year it was very minimal, but now after 7 years of summer/winter cycle, and I live in Montreal, Qc, Can, so we can get a lot of snow sometimes. This year wasn't so bad though. Anyway, so I guess I have some movement with the soil. Right now, I have abount 2 inches and 5/8 of differences if I compare the water height with the top of the pool.
I tried to make some panoramic, I wasn't super level myself, but anyway you can see the difference by looking at the vinyl and the water level.

I was told by a pool store that I can fill it up no worries. What do you think ?

But its probably of the last years maybe. Is there a rull of thumb like when not to use a pool that is off level ? Like anything above 3 inches or something ?

Thanks,

Attachments

• PXL_20210508_170425261.PANO.jpg
    PXL_20210508_170425261.PANO.jpg
    562.2 KB · Views: 46
  • PXL_20210508_170345718.PANO.jpg
    PXL_20210508_170345718.PANO.jpg
    526.7 KB · Views: 45
Hi, welcome to TFP! The standard is to have the pool level within 1". Whether or not your pool is safe I cant' say based on those photos alone. Judgeing by the water line tile pattern the pool appears to be 4-6" out of level. I would inspect the perimeter of the pool at the base and make sure there are no bulges, dents, or creases. The highest point seems to be just under the deck, so try to look under there and see if there was a frost heave that lifted up that side of the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.