Above Ground Pool Cleaner

Hi! We are using an ancient Hayward pool vacuum for our above ground pool to clean it. We went from an in ground pool to an above ground pool. We changed out the feet to cork feet. My question is, is this okay or will it compromise the pool liner. Thanks for your help!

Above ground pool, vinyl, cartridge filter, 24 round, 4 feet deep, chlorine,TF-100 Test Kit

The info on that cleaner talks about it being for an inground pool. It does NOT talk about what kind of inground pool-plaster or vinyl. As such I would give it a go and see how it does. With it being able to climb the walls the top rail on the above ground pool should keep it inside the pool.

My only concern would be how the vinyl will be affected by the "brushes" on the front. With the company not saying it cannot be used on vinyl you should be okay. I WOULD watch it close the first couple of times to make sure it works like I hope it will.

The info on that cleaner talks about it being for an inground pool. It does NOT talk about what kind of inground pool-plaster or vinyl. As such I would give it a go and see how it does. With it being able to climb the walls the top rail on the above ground pool should keep it inside the pool.

My only concern would be how the vinyl will be affected by the "brushes" on the front. With the company not saying it cannot be used on vinyl you should be okay. I WOULD watch it close the first couple of times to make sure it works like I hope it will.
Thank you so much for the reply. I greatly appreciate it.

Reactions: kimkats

Thank you for your reply! Our hayward is 24 years old. Our inground was mini pebble tec. The above ground pool we have now is a vinyl pool. When we first moved here, we asked the pool store and they said all we had to do was add cork feet. I am just leary since they told us to add pool rescue which bleached out our liner. I do not trust them and have been doing our own chemicals for well over a year now.
Any idea on a great pool vac that will work for an above ground vinyl pool? There are so many out there! Thanks :)

This is the one I know and love. I thought they had discontinued him but I found him here.

This is the one they replaced him with:

Kim:kim:

This is the one I know and love. I thought they had discontinued him but I found him here.

This is the one they replaced him with:

Kim:kim:
Thank you Kim! Not available. Any other suggestions? Thanks!
Right now we are looking at the Dolphin Explorer E10 or the Dolphin Nautilus CC.
We just replaced our above ground pool liner with a 30 gauge liner

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Here he is-
Note- the video quality isn’t spectacular (it looks awesome on my original video) YouTube says it can take a couple hours to be 1080p
Rest assured we’re TFP clear over here 😁
IMG_6439.jpeg
Be aware that a robot isn’t going to last 20 years like your other cleaner.
Anywhere from 3 to 7+ is the going lifespan for these kinds of cleaners.
I suggest having some kind of extended warranty protection either through your credit card 💳 or an add on warranty like assurion/allstate which are options if purchased at several online retailers.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.