Above ground oval 15x30 jet issue

totalpackage

May 27, 2019
Kingston, TN
I have tried different angle placements for the jet but cannot get the debris on top to be caught by the skimmer. It seems to stay on far side of pool furthest from skimmer. The best adjustment has given me about a 60% catch rate.
i have a 30x15 oval above ground 10000 gallon. The walls are a bit wavy due to the posts and the jet is on slightly the back side of a wave. My artistic hand drew the pic to help you visualize whats going on.

Attachments

• pool (2).png
    pool (2).png
    2.9 KB · Views: 17
The prevailing wind may have something to do with trapping some of the debris on one side of the pool.

Also who ever installed the pool didn't do you any favors by putting the return jet in the strait wall of the pool. Ideally it would be in one of the curved ends. You should aim the jet away from the skimmer and as parallel to the wall as you can get it. Angle it down into the water just enough so that you just barley see the water surface move above the jet. The idea is to get the water in the pool to form a nice slow moving lazy river running around the pool. That should bring as much as possible to the skimmer and be slow moving enough for the skimmer to suck it in.

Possibly a different return fitting might help.

I made an adapter that uses a 90* so I can get my pool jet parallel with the pool wall. I used these adapters with a short piece of 1 1/2" PVC to connect them (just enough so there is no gap between the adapters. I will attempt to get a pic if I think of it tonight at home. I just removed the eyeball and screwed in the adapter to the pool and put the eyeball in the adapter.

I made an adapter that uses a 90* so I can get my pool jet parallel with the pool wall. I used these adapters with a short piece of 1 1/2" PVC to connect them (just enough so there is no gap between the adapters. I will attempt to get a pic if I think of it tonight at home. I just removed the eyeball and screwed in the adapter to the pool and put the eyeball in the adapter.

I've done this on my pool using a 90 and it really moves the water. I take it off for chlorine additions and put it back on. Super simple.

OK I looked at it and took a picture. I used a 90* fitting that has 1 1/2" MPTx slip instead of the 90* and male adapter. Hope the pics help. You should be able to go to the local hardware store and get all parts needed. I originally didn't even glue it, I have it glued on the male threaded side and can pop off the jet and use it for my Intex auto cleaner also.

IMG_20190601_160149339 (002).jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.