About to take the plunge into hard plumbing my 27' Round ABG Pool. Need help sizing pipe.

lehthanis

Jul 10, 2021
Dayton, OH
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have about 16130 gallons that I'd like to move three times per 8 hours. My pump/filter combo is this(CC1500): https://www.hayward-pool.com/assets/documents/pools/pdf/manuals/XStream-ISCC100.pdf

According to the manual, it's designed for 100GPM...but all the ports on the thing are 1.5", which from what I'm reading is 38GPM. The ports on my skimmer and return are also all 1.5".

Given that all my connections are 1.5" will I be better off to hard plumb with 1.5" PVC? Or do I gain anything by going with bigger pipe even though all my connections are 1.5"?

There really isn't much advantage going to 2" pipe with a single speed pump. It will actually use more energy. However, it will generate more flow rate but not usually necessary.

Also, 1.5" pipe does not limit flow rate to 38 GPM. That is just recommendation.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.