about to move into new home with a pool. this is the pressure reading on the DE filter

lordmundi

Apr 25, 2021
Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I'm doing a lot of reading and learning a lot. We haven't moved into the house yet but I briefly had time to go by and take some pictures yesterday. This was the pressure reading on the DE filter when I checked:

1619637918718.png

That cover is broken on the gauge, but the needle is almost to 30. That seems high. Does this mean I will need to do some filter maintenance as soon as I move in? Any help is greatly appreciated! Sorry for no info in my signature... I haven't moved in yet and I really don't know a lot of details about the pool!

I wouldn't place much faith in that gauge or its reading. It needs to be replaced. Once you move in, update your signature with all of your pool and equipment info. Post some pics of any items you aren't sure about. Test the system to ensure the pump works and moves water adequately. You'll be looking for leaks, anything not working, and odd sounds. We'll be happy to help with all aspects for your pool and water chemistry.

Replacement gauge can be bought online, amazon or other pool supply or as @Texas Splash suggested. As far as maintenance, you will probably have to do a backwash and load of your DE filter. It looks like you have one similar to mine, and that Pressure is near the top of my comfortable operating range, assuming it's accurate. The only real way to know though is to do a backwash and reload with clean DE and the get your clean pressure. Mine is 20# and I like to clean it at 25#, but have waited as high as 30#

Reactions: lordmundi
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.