About ready to install a Hayward W3AQR15 on my 20,000 gallon pool, questions about how to make sure I don't screw up and get a green pool

WOW. wow wow wow... I just didn't see it in the dark. Not sure if it was reading C0d3Sp4c3's post or red beards post a couple of times, but I went out to it this morning and decided to unscrew everything, I did not see that the little clips were actually set up for 120, i did not even know they were clips, I thought they were missing and what was there was part of it. SO STUPID... So I had jumpered both ways 240 and 120 because I put the wire in the middle. I hope I did not fry it.

Going to go out and hook it up again.

Thanks to both of you for the help....

Since it was a short on the terminals, not an over voltage into the unit, I expect it will be fine. Jumper in the middle probably saved you.

Since it was a short on the terminals, not an over voltage into the unit, I expect it will be fine. Jumper in the middle probably saved you.

IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have edited this a few times for some minor issues. Need to get the salt in the pool, get the levels right and go from there. For now, my wife is smiling and all is well. Thanks for your help...

Will post back when I have it running or run into another issue...

Last edited:
I think i have it up and running. Thanks for the help everyone!!!
We are glad you have found our information helpful. Please, if you can, consider making a donation to TFP.
We are staffed by volunteers and are registered as an IRS 501 (c) (3) charity and donations are what keeps the forum operating without advertisements.

Support TFP!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.