? about Aquapure700 SWG

tagprod

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 3, 2007
Tomball, Texas
A friend of mine has one that is used with a 28K gallon pool. The product literature says it's for pools up to 12K gallons. He runs his pump 13 hours aday with the chlorinator set to 100%. Is there any situation where this is OK? Did the pool builder know something I don't? I told him I thought this was wrong but he has a ton of faith in the builder so he's reluctant to take my advice. Pool is less than 2 years old with all Jandy equipment. Is there a 3 year warranty if you buy all Jandy equipment? I think he got hosed on this.

There isn't any real standard about how large a SWG should be for any given pool size. Every pool is different and the number of gallons only tells part of the story. Even a very small SWG will be able to handle a large pool some portion of the year, since the chlorine demand varies with temperature and bather load. If you are willing to add some extra chlorine manually on the very hottest days of the year or when lots of people are swimming you can get away with a smaller SWG.

Yes, it would have been better if he was given a more appropriately sized SWG. But how good a deal the current one was really depends on what he paid for it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.