AA Treatment with Draining

bpdunlv

Apr 4, 2017
Las Vegas
I have some areas in my pool that have some metal staining. I am also going to do a full drain soon due to very high calcium in the water (I have never drained in the 5 years I have had the pool). My question is, can I drain it and dissolve some AA in a spray bottle and spray the areas, then hose them off into the water that is draining? Or would it be best to just dump it in while the pool is still full, circulate the water, and then drain? If I did the later option I assume I don't have to do the sequestrant part of the procedure, correct? I would then just refill the pool....

Really depends on the amount (and type) of staining. If it's widespread iron across the entire pool shell, an AA treatment while full might be easier and more efficient. Once the stains have lifted you can drain and refill. If you only have a few annoying areas, then you certainly can do some localized spot treatments once drained. If you find the stains to be copper, AA won't do it anyways and you'll need to be more aggressive once empty. The sequestrant would not be needed unless your new water has metals in it.

Reactions: JoyfulNoise
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.