AA treatment questions

Good morning! Don't forget that the AA lifts stain but won't sequester...only sequestrant like Jacks keeps the metal in solution.

I think purple says to top up weekly at 6 ounces per 10k. That will give a clue as to how long the mfgs believe it lasts til some slowly starts to degrade.

Yeah. I was basing that on the fact that the AA removed it for several days, and the MM did basically nothing. The jack's is still holding strong. I'm gonna keep it on the cheap skate edge of things so I'm not just pouring money down the drain. I wish their test kit wasn't so expensive. Cheapest I've found was like $56. Based on the 6oz/week/10k gal schedule, that's almost 19% that gets consumed per week. That's ridiculous!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like I've made it to the break over point. I noticed a light staining around the liner, a little off white to the steps, and a little darker staining on the return fittings. Not horrible, but not brilliant white like they should be. Looks like it lasts 5-6 days before the staining restarts. That's with the swg bonded, and coincidentally, off for the last 3 days. I had some extra cl2 that I bought when I did the AA treatment because I didn't know how long it would take to stabilize everything. I turned the swg off so I could use the cl2 up, and potentially see if the cell has a lot to do with the staining. I'm now inclined to believe the cell doesn't have that much to do with it, but who knows.

Well, it's been a week, and the staining doesn't seem to have gotten any worse at all. Since I'm cheap, I'm gonna let it go a little while longer and see what happens. It really doesn't look that bad once you get used to it. Hardly noticeable to anyone but me, since I'm OCD about it. So far I would call Jack's a success. We'll see if it starts a rapid deterioration here soon. I may change my tune.

The staining started becoming noticeable on the liner several days ago, and the steps are getting worse now too. Overall I'm pretty impressed with the Jack's. I'm gonna buy another three bottles and see if I can reign it back in one bottle at a time. I took a look at the cell the other day, and right at the outlet is really rust colored, so it's definitely the higher cl2 or higher ph of the cell causing all this.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.