a new pool plaster job question

tstex

Silver Supporter
Aug 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Hello to all,

My nbor is having a pool built and they started the plastering this morning. They were about 1/3 done and are packing up their gear? When our pool was done, and others that I know, have been plastered all in one installation process.

Ques: Are there any structural or aesthetic issues when having your pool plastered in multiple days? Structurally, will there be any issues w where the joint is when you have dried plaster from previous install and then new plaster? Can the colors be matched exactly?

thanks,
tstex

I would think they need to do a skim coat over the first area done to match up colors and see that no joints show. They may not have laid the full thickness on the area done.

Why didn’t they complete the job? Machinery broke? Discovered they had the wrong materials?

What type of finish is it?

I think they just need to ensure they get a good bond between day1 and day2 plaster.

@onBalance thoughts?

There can be serious issues, but it all depends on what was actually performed and wasn't performed. We are in the dark on this. The pool owner should demand an explanation from the plastering company to properly assess.

Typical problem.

I think knowing what finish it is will make a difference.

Pics always help and how thick is the plaster?

Here’s a few pics from our second story thru window.. cannot access backyard now.

Attachments

• F8DE9466-BCBE-49F9-8BF1-29145EFA85ED.jpeg
    F8DE9466-BCBE-49F9-8BF1-29145EFA85ED.jpeg
    399.3 KB · Views: 42
  • 5DE8CC42-C6C6-4F4D-8107-F84334EABE97.jpeg
    5DE8CC42-C6C6-4F4D-8107-F84334EABE97.jpeg
    270.6 KB · Views: 42
The plastered areas do not look finished and smoothed. They either need to chip out what they did or coat over it. Given the rough areas I see I suspect they will chip out the plaster and redo the entire pool.

Let us know what you see happening.

Reactions: onBalance

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.