Aug 1, 2017
Eastern MA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi All,

I am not sure if this is the right place for this, my apologies if it is not.

I am getting close to closing up my pool for the season and I noticed a couple of small spots in the expansion joints between the coping and the deck that needed to be redone. The decking needs to be re-done next year so I just wanted to fill the spots as a temporary fix rather having it all redone right now.

I used Loctite Plyurethane sealant, and while I was putting some in a small spot, when I lifted the tube up a little bit got into the pool.

Anyway when it went in into the pool it seemed to dissolve and I was not sure what to do. A couple minutes went by and I thought I saw it clump on the pool floor. It looked like it was hardened a bit even thought it was only a few minutes so I grabbed my pool net and when I went to sweep it up it seemed to dissolve again. When I took the net out there was some in the net and around the plastic part of the net. But I did not see any in the pool.

A little later I thought a saw what looked like a string in the water, it seemed to be water and it had no color (the caulk was grey) and when I tried to reach out with my hand it just seemed like it was water and then when Iet it alone it came back as a string. I dont know if this was related or if I was seeing things...I was not drinking I know that.

Anyway my question is, is getting a little of the caulk into the pool something I should be worried about in any way?. If any is in the water itself, if it is disolved in the water where I cannot really see could it reach the filter and do any damage? Also at this point is there anything I can do other than keep an eye on the pool, I am not sure what there would be to do unless I see actually clump up in the pool?

Again I am going to be closing the pool up in a couple weeks and this is the last type of issue i need so please let me know if this is an issue or not and if I am overreacting, which I probably am.

Thank you for any help!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.