Oklahoma City, OK
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
I have read through the "extended" directions for the TF-100 kit and couldn't find exactly what I am looking for. Specifically...

1) I was told by a forum member that the CYA test should be done with water that has reached room temperature. Is this also true for the other tests?

2) When testing TA, (with Speedstir), the color tends to change to red and then back to green for a few drops. From reading the extending directions, I should not consider this test complete until the color turns red and stays that way...am I reading this correctly?

3) When putting pool temp into pool math, the CYA test is at room temperature but all my other tests have been while still pool temperature. Do I put the pool temp in pool math? I would think so, but just want to be sure.

Thanks again for all the help!

CYA testing at room temperature is one of those urban "myths" we have tacitly given support on TFP because of the tendency for CYA test to not perform well in VERY cold temps.....say 40 or so.

I think you will see almost no difference between 50- 90 degree temps

Last edited:
CYA testing at room temperature is one of those urban "myths" we have developed here because of the tendency for CYA test to not perform well in VERY cold temps.....say 40 or so.

I think you will see almost no difference between 50- 90 degree temps

I didn't notice any test difference between my last test at 38 degrees (water temp at pool) and 70 degrees after it sat inside a bit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.