Ideas on pool cover

mkp75

Apr 20, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
Live in Vegas where the summer temps are blazing right now. I've noticed my pool loses a lot of water to evaporation, approx 2-3 in or more in 4-5 days. My auto fill is broken so I refill my pool with a hose. Initially I thought I had a leak but have done the bucket tests and squirted food dye around the pool multiple times and doesnt seem to be a leak.

I really want to cut down the water loss. I talked to people at the pool store and they recommended a pool cover. I wanted to ask others who live in the SW their experience with pool covers. I have a kidney bean shaped pool so wanted to know how hard it would be to cut to shape. Also how hard is it to take on and off and to store. Some have said that the water underneath will get really hot and unpleasant. Any thoughts and opinions would be helpful. Thanks.

Hello and welcome back. You bet, we have many pool owners who use their cover to assist with evaporation. I'm sure some of them will reply with some ideas. Of course a lot of people are in their pool today :paddle:, so keep checking your post tomorrow or the next day. :) Have a great 4th, and remember ....

it's a dry heat. V/r ~ Pat ... Rancho alumni, Class of '81. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.