Ultraguard Hi-Build Epoxy Coating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stand by the veracity of my original posts about Ultraguard. I did call several times for instructions which tended to vary from call to call and with his written instructions. I paid the 100 bucks freight for the replacement material.

Several posts in this topic have gotten out of hand and needed to be moderated. Please watch your language and don't insult people/companies/products. Testimonials about your experience using a product are welcome, as are "tech support" kinds of suggestions about ways to get things to work better or avoid problems. You are welcome to say "I tried XYZ and this went wrong." but please don't go beyond that into name calling or speculation about business practices. Likewise, commercial posters should not be using this as a place to promote their products.

If these problems persist the topic will be locked and people who continue to post inappropriately will be banned.

Just so the folks on Troublefreepool.com forum know the facts Ken. I called you on Friday March 5, 2010 and faxed you the one page report I received from YOUR chemist stating I had filled the swimming pool 24 hours after applying the UltraGuard. You said on the telephone that same day that he, the chemist was wrong and I did not fill the pool at the 24 hour time limit as you and I agreed on seeing as how I followed your instructions per telephone call and you gave me the control number You told me you would call the chemist the following Monday March 8th. and get back to me. You didn't have the courtesy to call me before posting on this forum. Well I never heard from you by phone or email and . . . and telling me it's my fault laying the blame on me, my well water having iron and calcium. Gee, why didn't you tell me before I purchased the product UltraGard that Well water would destroy the color. I probably would not have purchased it. . . . Imagine, I even told the folks on this forum that you were a helpful guy. Shame on me. I like to think that people are trustworthy.
Edited for politeness. JasonLion

Just setting the record streight.

UltraGuard said:
Mr. Seth Minster pool failed because it was not prepped properly. He did not call for instructions and did not get a control number. I still shipped a new order to him and paid the freight. Testing results are available from my chemist and why his application failed if you call us. Edited to remove personal attacks. JasonLion

Mr. Victor Lewis has only himself to blame for his failure. He filled his pool too soon, iron in his well water and calcium. We have less than 2% failure but he did not call for instructions to fill the pool. Test results are available if you call us. We are trying to resolve and satisfy his problems. No manufacture distributor or contractor with his mistakes would ever speak to him again. Click here and find out why Fibre Shelkote kote from Uglassit will fail within 2 to 3 years, and why he cannot offer any warranties.

UltraGuard is the only product we allow without fiberglass to be shipped to the home owner, IT IS NOT A PAINT! For the past 6 years he has shipped over 3000 home owners with less than 2% failures. We know if Ken offered 2 color top coats instead of 1 his failures would be less than 1%, and the pool would never be coated again in our lifetime.

I should not have filled the pool in 24 hours but I was following instructions at that time. I now know I should have waited 48 hours. Ken is sending me a new replacement order at no charge. I believe no manufacture or contractor would have done this because of the problems. I had. Thanks Ken for working with me.

glassguy1 said:
viclewis said:
May,2009 I applied ultraguard 6000 coating sky blue in color. It looked beautiful when finished. Within 2-3 weeks it changed color to off white in the shallow end. The deep end kept the color for two months then changed to yellowish tan. I have been in contact with Ken the owner of the UltraGuard website. Back and forth several phone calls and emails. He wanted me to contact the chemist to complain about the color change. When I contacted the chemist by email his responce was for me to contact ultra Guard not him. So I need to make a phone call to ken again. What a run around I'm getting. Ken accent sounds like he is from New York. He is a little rough around the edges but tries to be helpful.

The ultra guard coating seems to be a very durable coating, but I'm not holding my breath about the color lasting. I did follow the instructions of preping the pool and mixing the resin with the hardner and making sure I worked fast because of the 20 minute time limit once mixed. According to Ken the owner this has only happened three or four times since he has been selling the UltraGuard product. :(

You might want to think hard and long before making the leap to Ultra Guard 6000. Hope this helps folks. :(
I decided to upload some photos showing completion of application of Ultra Guard and current results as of Jan.2010
Edited to remove personal attacks. JasonLion

The problems described in this Forum are to be expected. The bad news is "it will get worse, and it will not get better". This product has been manufactured, over the years, by two different organizations, both of which are in Florida. They put his label on the pail and then drop-ship to his customer. The actual manufacturers names and addresses are located at http://www.uglassit.com/insider_info_page-13.htm.

Edited to remove personal attacks. JasonLion

For folks not in the Philadelphia area, who did the painting themselves, contact the Better Business Bureau of Eastern PA, and the PA Bureau of Consumer Affairs. Quite often, they can put considerable pressure on the company owner and, perhaps, get some partial refunds. -Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.