So CONFUSED!!

Wooohoo!!!! TF-100 just arrived so I ran out to the pool for a sample. Must've watched the videos 100 times! So now for the results:
7jul15@1400 (2p.m.)
temp: 88
fc- 4.5
cc- 0.5
tc- 5.0
cya- less than 20 (can still see dot though it's not black, it's grey?). Per the videos it looks like you aren't supposed to see it at all
p.h.- 7.5
ta-140
ch- 375 (per previous posts about vinyl pools, I know it wasn't that important to take, but I loved feeling like a chemist and wanted practice :)

okay
so add stabilizer, but the tfp handy reference says vinyl pools (chlorine) should have ta of 70-90+. Is there a point when ta is too high? I still have 3" hockey pucks too, can I use those to maintain chlorine level and to add cya? I only ask because I have a 35 gallon bucket of these things and only one has been used. Can't take it back because container is open. Thanks for everything. What time do I need to take these levels tonight for my oclt?

Also, I haven't really seen anything on floculants or clarifiers on this site. Is it something I should consider adding so that any contaminants will bind or sink? We use sunscreen and the kids always manage to get grass in pool! For my size filter, what and when is the recommended running time? Sorry for all the questions

Hello! Yeah you do not see much said about clarifiers and such because.........IF you take care of your pool the TFP way you will not need them.

Also if you are clearing a pool you do not need them. Bleach...yes you will need a lot of it!

Pool run time..........see this link

Pool School - Determine Pump Run Time

Bleach will take care of the sunscreen and hummmm what ever else the kids add if you know what I mean LOL

Kim

Lol, I taught them to go in the bushes....so hopefully that rectifies "that" problem :)
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 111
24 oz by volume = 3 cups, correct? :? Also, am I correct to assume there is zero stabilizer in my pool? (Based off the test results). For ta test, do you wait for color change or for when it goes to pink/red? I got a color change at 14 drops but 15 made it bright pink. I added 2 more drops just to ensure there wasn't going to be a deep dark red or anything. There was no change.

1 cup=8 oz. so 3 cups = 24 oz. (I am VERY bad with math so wanted to write it out LOL)

I would call you CYA 10 as you said it got a little cloudy. Base your FC on a CYA of 10. Get some more CYA and dose as if you have 10 in the pool already.

TA test-I would go with the 15. I am going to give you a link on how to "work" your TA down.

Pool School - Lower Total Alkalinity

Here is the link to Pool math.

http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

You are doing a good job learning your pool!

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Your choice. Some people use knee high stockings. My guess is for the stretchiness when they have to add 5 lbs of CYA. I used two old calf high gym socks (not as stretchy as hose) and tied off the end with rubber bands.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.