Pentair Valve control without pump activity

Jun 8, 2013
I am trying to turn a valve but not control any pump speeds or have to use the pump at all.

If i want the valve to be Open from 3pm (pump shuts off at 4) and then closed at 10Am (pump starts at 930). Is there a way to not have to pick a speed for the pump? it doesn't require a pump. I just want to control the valve.

Do i have to hook it to an aux relay?

What specific automation system do you have? If you have an EasyTouch you should have 4 valve outputs. Two are kind-of preset to specific functions, the other two are user defined. So it would be important to know if you currently have any automated valves, and if so, how many, and what do they do. Is the valve you want to control already automated, and you just want to change how it works, or will you be adding a new valve/servo?

Jim R.

I have an easy touch 8 with screen logic 2. only have 2 valve actuators and this is one of them. Neither of the 2 have pump speed requirements. but this one seems to have to have a pump speed assigned to leave it on til the next day.

In the screen logic config it says
load center 1 > valve A
load center 2 > valve B

and assigned them circuits to the valves.
I did not choose requires high speed pump.

thanks!

Just so I understand.. The valve you want to control is already connected to your EasyTouch and works, just not the way you want. What does the valve do now, and what would you like the valve to do. Sorry for all the questions, but I need to understand how your current system is configured before I can suggest how to change it.

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.