New AG Pool in OH

Jun 16, 2015
Ostrander/Ohio
This is my first pool, except for dump and fill kiddie pools.
I installed the pool on the 13th and filled with half trucked in city water and half from our well, but had to go back to work and didn't get the electric ran until the 22nd. Until pump was running I added a quarter gallon of bleach every other day and used the leaf net to mix in. (which I learned about here) As soon as the pump was running I added 80 oz. of stabilizer per pool calc. and bleach by test strip till my K2006 test kit showed up Tuesday.
As soon as I got the test kit my results were:
FC 7
CC <= 0.2
Ph 7.4
TA 170
CH 150
CYA 35
Looked good and let kids swim!! They were very happy?
Ran an OCLT Tuesday night and FC 6 and CC <=0.2 then Weds morning numbers were the same. Pool was clear. It Passed!!
attachment.php

I was expecting to have to SLAM the pool, but it's not necessary, correct?
I know my TA is a little high but will letting the kids swim aerate the pool enough to raise my Ph so I can add MA to drop Ph and TA or do I need to worry.
Lastly, I've read here that it takes a week after adding CYA to register on a test, but I added granular in a sock in front of the return (learned that here too!) on Sunday night and by Tuesday afternoon it was reading 35. Is this normal and is 35 a high enough CYA #? The pool gets full sun all day.
I feel that through reading and joining this forum I now know enough to be Dangerous!!?
Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 70
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.