Jun 4, 2015
pa
new pool owner this year , must say this forum is great !! decided to try a Coleman pool for this year and upgrade next year if my family really enjoyed having a pool....installed the pool and had it filled on memorial day weekend. Upgraded the filter system 1 week after having the pool up and running , stock filter system is a joke....I run better filters in my aquarium's. Had a rough start when the pool was filled from the fire dept. 1st load of water was good......2nd truck was not so clean.....tanker must've been sitting for a while.. water was green when the fire dept. left .. could still see the bottom of the pool but water had a green tint , was not a happy camper !!!! but thanks to all the great advice I got on here I got things under control and everything seems to be in good shape. The BBB method works very well. Now if we could just get a few days without rain !!!

Here are the last test results from k-2006:

FC = 4
CC= .5
PH = 7.8
ALK = 110
CH = 70
CYA = 30
been able to keep the #'s steady except the ph....have to readjust after every rain storm ! got so much rain last week I had to drain some water out of the pool...was over flowing !

Welcome! :wave:

Your pH will continue to rise quickly with the 110 TA. The rainwater aerates the surface and pH climbs. Just keep knocking pH back to 7.2 when it rises to 7.8 and things will settle down.

Did you have to do anything special to mate the intex filter to the Coleman pool? If so, take pictures and write it up in a post. I'm sure there will be questions about that and you can add to the general store of knowledge here.

Welcome! :wave:

Did you have to do anything special to mate the intex filter to the Coleman pool? If so, take pictures and write it up in a post. I'm sure there will be questions about that and you can add to the general store of knowledge here.

I did not need any other fittings etc. Took the filter out of the box and used the hoses that were already running to the stock coleman filter. New filter was up and running in 15 min. I will start a new thread for this....may help alot of people who want to upgrade there filter but wondering if it will hook up without being a master plumber