Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool School has disappeared

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool School has disappeared

Pool School seems to have disappeared. At the very least the link in the page heading, Pool School no longer works.

The old home page, with the slide show of many pools, also seems to have disappeared.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool School has disappeared

I just noticed that when I called up the site www.troublefreepool.com, the page that loaded was the Board Index, not the home page. Home page is still there.
    7,500 gal, IG pool, L shape 22' x 15', 1.5 hp pump, cartridge filter, AquaPlus SWG/Controller, Pebble-Tec liner.

3. Back To Top    #3

I noticed the same thing regarding the home page.
    My pool is a 10,500 gallon (420 Sq Ft ) kidney shape. A hand made sheer decent waterfeature. STA-RITE HRPB30, Sand filter 30" 98 GPM,
    1 HP Maxi-Glas 2 pump, BBB Method, Taylor K-2005 test kit, 50 Watt 12V low-voltage pond light illuminates the pool at night for a nice soft glow.
    250 gallon stand-alone hot tub. Got it FREE!

4. Back To Top    #4

At least on my computer, the newsletters archive and the store are also gone

I saw a test thread yesterday by Sean, he 'tweeked' something - apparently that made these functions/ areas disappear. I have faith that he will figure out how to reload them

The Pool School being gone is somewhat problematic - posters frequently direct questors to that area or articles therein. I can't find any of the articles using 'search' (the old stickies can be found that way from "Further Reading") I think the problem is that they don't have authors and weren't 'threads' on the forum. However, now that we are aware of the problem, Sean will find a way to resurrect them

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

5. Back To Top    #5

As an FYI I had things bookmarked in Internet Explorer to Pool School articles and they get file not found as well. It appears there is an issue with the entire directory or the index file that holds the Pool School articles.

By coincidence I just PM'd SeanB about the reroute of http://www.troublefreepool.com to the forum instead of the home page as not being as user friendly for new members.

Holidays and all, could be few days before he gets to fixing pool school.
    21K Gal, IG, Vinyl, Bleach-Borax-Baking Soda, 3/4HP Hayward pump, Hayward sand filter, 200,000BTU Heater, TF100 Testkit
    "All that we are arises with our thoughts." - Buddha
    “When fate hands you a lemon, make lemonade.” - Dale Carnegie

6. Back To Top    #6

Well, it's not an immediately simple fix, but I'm working on it and have already put in a call to the programmer who helps me out.

I'll post back when there is any news.

Sean
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

7. Back To Top    #7

Okay, the home page issue isn't and all the other links, including Pool School, are working again.
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

8. Back To Top    #8

Thanks, and Happy New Year!
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

9. Back To Top    #9

Thanks, SeanB for building and maintaining such a great site and community! We are forever grateful!

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by The Mermaid Queen
    Thanks, SeanB for building and maintaining such a great site and community! We are forever grateful!
    My pleasure! Plus, I've had lots of great help!
    TFP Founder