pump motor sounds like a generator

Thanks n240, The level on the pump drops 3" on the slow speeds (within 25-30 minutes). I still haven't figured if this is normal. I can occasionally see very small bubbles from one of the returns.

The grease didn't keep things air tight it seems, it lost prime when I got back.

Since im not 100% sure its the diverter. I will fill it with a silicone sealant. I will also try to look for steps on identifying a suction side leak. Though it seems very challenging to identify.

I've seen suggestions to try water running over each fitting to see if it stops. You can also put shaving cream on all of them and if it dimples in, that's where the leak is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The shaving cream method didn't work because it was plugging the leak lol. Also it's kind of hard to tell what's drying from the sun or from an air leak. I was able to identify it with a garden hose, my finger to plug it and my ear against the valve. I used a drop of superglue and let it slowly pull through the silicone. It seems to be holding strong no air leaks, even at the ultra slow settings. I'll find out for sure later tonight and post back.

Here's an image of the frustrating diverter valve.

Box | Simple Online Collaboration: Online File Storage, FTP Replacement, Team Workspaces

I think its a jandy housing with pentair handle, a pin sized hole in the silicone was the source of the air leak, the top looks like it's orientated the wrong way, and some of the housing has fine cracks from the screws. I will probably have the whole thing replaced with a new jandy never lube valve when the time comes.

Maybe one of the pool guys orientated the valve this way on purpose so it can shut off all 3 directions of water flow. (The inlet cap is rotated ccw 120 degrees)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.