Howdy From Texas

Jun 14, 2015
Katy, Texas
Closed on home in Katy, Texas Friday 06-June-2015. Previous homeowner has a pool guy at $40/week. I'm not only thrifty, but as an engineer I build/design/upkeep all my own stuff. TF-100 test kit should be here Monday, and we don't really move in until Wednesday of next week, although I will be doing some maintenance there Monday and Tuesday so I will have pool access. The main question is the Houston area is supposed to get another 6-15" of rain next week. What should I plan for in advance, what chemicals do I need to just have on hand for a situation like this. I like to be prepared. No test numbers will be available until next week.

Thanks,
Ernie

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

The only thing we know you will need is liquid chlorine / bleach at this point. But, you really need to run a full set of tests to know what the first step should be.

Welcome to TFP :wave:, you are in good hands with these folks. Geez.... another foot of water, you folks have really conquered your drought. There's nothing I can add to what these pros can tell you, except..............being an engineer, if you could design a way to get that rain water to California, there would surely be a Nobel peace prize in your future ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.