Recommend a cleaner for my pool?

Apr 12, 2015
Marietta GA
When we first bought our home we threw out an old pool cleaner before we knew what it was. It looked similar to this one.

XtremepowerUS Automatic Pool Cleaner Vacuum-generic Kreepy Krauly Climb Wall Pool Cleaner Amazon.com : XtremepowerUS Automatic Pool Cleaner Vacuum-generic Kreepy Krauly Climb Wall Pool Cleaner : Swimming Pool Suction Cleaners : Patio, Lawn Garden

We also have a dedicated suction plug.

8346d278abedcfa6d86f47b6dacef67a.jpg

3553b77113d1bf214e27d4e162c88daa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had a couple of different models of this type cleaner and they all pretty much work the same. I'd say that it would be a good cleaner for your pool.

Depending on where the suction port is located, you may need more hose sections than it comes with, but you can find those in lots of places.

With a suction side cleaner you're going to want/need a leaf canister attached to the cleaner hose. I did not have one at first and I plugged up my suction line with a solid wad of mesquite debris.

I have a Pentair Kreepy Krauly Sandshark which works fine but I'm really itching for it to die so I can get their new Rebel cleaner. I'm hoping a wheel-based cleaner will work a little better. There's also ThePoolCleaner which lots of folks here seem to like.

With a suction side cleaner you're going to want/need a leaf canister attached to the cleaner hose. I did not have one at first and I plugged up my suction line with a solid wad of mesquite debris.

I have a Pentair Kreepy Krauly Sandshark which works fine but I'm really itching for it to die so I can get their new Rebel cleaner. I'm hoping a wheel-based cleaner will work a little better. There's also ThePoolCleaner which lots of folks here seem to like.

I just once in my life want to experience Poolverneugen. :jocolor:

I just once in my life want to experience Poolverneugen. :jocolor:

Sadly I think they got bought up by Hayward. I never like it when a smaller company with a great product gets bought up by a big industry player; it always messes up the product.

Good point. I always use a vacuum plate so my skimmer basket stays in place, and I sometimes forget that a lot of people remove the basket and stick the hose into the bottom of the skimmer. If you don't use a vacuum plate, a leaf canister is a great idea.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.