New Pool Owner - Ready to Test WQ

OK, so I would not add more than 1 bottle/gallon of bleach each day given that pool size. Or since you have the K-2006, you could just test the FC and keep it up toward the shock level you expect based on the dropping CYA.

Gilbee:

Riverbend near LSU. I'd appreciate any help you could provide. Beer is on me.

Something I had no idea about until recently...did you know there's a pinch a penny in Baton Rouge?!? I've been buying liquid chlorine from lowes, but henceforth, I'll be getting it there when I'm in town. It's over at the corner of coursey and Sherwood; I chatted up one of the guys in there who seemed quite receptive/supportive to the TFP method.

That's good to know. Is liquid chlorine more economical than bleach?

It's the same thing, though in a higher concentration. Means you're keeping fewer bottles around. Pinch a penny sells 2.5 gallons for 6 or 7 dollars at 12% (at least the guy behind the counter said that, the bottle says 10.5%; I still used it as 10%, in my calculations because I trust the label more)...you pay $12 up front for a filled jug, then you bring the empty jug back for the cheaper refills. After 10 jug refills, you get one free. I pay around 3.50 for a gallon of 10% from lowes, so I basically get a half gallon free in comparison, and I feel like the inventory gets cycled faster there than lowes where there are still bottles with 2014 date stamps if you aren't careful---bleach loses strength sitting on the shelf.

Sounds like you're well on your way. Just wanted to welcome you to the bleach clan. :mrgreen: