New pool build

Wow, that water looks stunning! Was that all from the hose? I don't even see any green which is common till the water gets balanced/filtered.
The fill water went through a filter and our city water is Reverse Osmosis/Nano Filtration so there is very little color to it.
Did anyone with pebble sheen wait till water was balance to swim or did you just jump in?

The fill water went through a filter and our city water is Reverse Osmosis/Nano Filtration so there is very little color to it.
Did anyone with pebble sheen wait till water was balance to swim or did you just jump in?

My instructions included: "When the water level reaches 3 inches above the bottom of the waterline tile, then jump in!"

My guy said he would be there within a day to get all the equipment and chemicals started, so it wouldn't matter. When I thought I would have our pool filled by Monday morning, he said I could even invite friends to swim Monday evening. I can't imagine the water would be perfectly balanced by that time. But it's probably best to follow your PB's recommendation.
Suz.

Awww heck, I'd probably swim anyway even if he hadn't put it in the directions! Then I would have denied that I did to my death!!!! Lol!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Our PB said it didn't matter. He said in almost all builds if they have kids, it's common for them to stand under the hose of the water delivery trucks as its filling.

Since my pool is 3 years old and out of warranty I can admit that we were in our pool before it was halfway full. And it was filled on wednesday or thursday and we had a big pool party all weekend.

Haha some good responses. Maybe we'll just hop in. Pool was full Friday and circulation was started. They will be by to add chemicals Monday. I thought about "balancing" myself but didn't want to create complications (blame after possible problems)

So my final payment check was cashed already. Today I got an email titled "Elctrical Extras Invoice". There were two items listed, at, $90. First item is a GFI which was said to be included in the credit my pb provides towards electric. The funny thing is they never even installed a GFI. I already had one that met code. That one is laughable. The second $90 is for running a 7ft piece of wire to gutter for bonding. The gutter was in place when the electrician, pb and myself walked the job in the beginning, weeks ago. Any "extras" should have been discussed then and there. Especially, a gutter 6" from the guys face. Anyways, I'm pretty sure gutter didn't even need to be bonded. It is 14ft from the pool. Anyone know the code in South Florida for that? Also, if you were a pb, and you already cashed someone's final payment, would you send him a bill for "electrical extras" afterwards? Lol No shame

OH it is funny and will be even more funny when you call them and say NOPE! DONE!

Kim
Lol for sure. Am I the only one that thinks it's unprofessional for a pb to send an additional bill AFTER final check has been cashed? BTW, I won't be getting final release of lean for a couple weeks.... "We have to include amounts we still owe subs etc". Seems like it could get done in an hour If they were inclined. I know builders float people's money from job to job but how is that the customers problem?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.