Baqua out

i did replace the lateral and all should be good in the filter. Should I turn off the pump and let it all settle for a day or so, to be able to vacuum it to waste? I will pull a full test of the water tomorrow evening. I did not do the DE in the skimmer, wasn't sure if that was necessary....I was filtering when I discovered the baqua goo, so my concern is that it is in the sand....

do you then follow the same directions for adding the HE? 1/2 cup at a time until your pressure raises 25% of normal run? mine usually is always around the 6psi when normal running....

It's 1/4 cup at a time until the pressure goes up by 1 psi.

You mix the DE in a bucket of water (it will mix to form a slurry, not dissolve) and add it slowly to the skimmer (remove any skimmer socks present).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
good evening....just got done vacuuming to waste. Readings I just took are
FC - 12
CC - .5
PH - 7.0
CYA - 60 (not sure how accurate that is, I just put the powder stabilizer sock in Friday night)

i have the Cellulose Fiber DE replacement powder that should be here tomorrow (thanks to Amazon Prime)...so i am really hoping for clear water shortly after that......does it appear i am on the right path??

thanks
Jim

Why is your CYA so much higher? I thought you were already at 40ppm?

Take the sock out now and wait a week before testing again.

ok, took another CYA reading (with someone that can see better than I can). It measured at 40, so we are keeping the FC at the correct level for the slam, the CC is .5....we still have cloudy water, can see most of the way to the bottom, but water not clear. Our PH is very low, do we need to raise that? we are continuing to clean and scrub, but don't seem to be getting over the last hump for clear water......confused.... :(

What is "very low"? Can you post a full set of test results and a picture would help.

Jim,

Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question but did you use pool-grade DE in the filter?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.