Battery powered vacuum for spa

VinceL

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 28, 2012
Newton, NC
We have a Polaris robotic cleaner for our pool, and we purchased the Aqua Broom battery-powered vacuum for our spa. The Aqua Broom has poor suction, and can be nearly impossible to turn on/off.

I would like to find a more powerful battery-powered vacuum. From my searching, it seems that Watertech is the only company to make battery-powered vacuums. I have been looking at the Catfish and Pool Blaster Max as possibilities. The reviews on these vacuums are all over the map....many people seem to love them and just about as many people hate them.

Has anyone here had good experience with battery-powered vacuums?

We just purchased a Pool Blaster Eclipse today. We have seen some positive reviews, so figured it was worth a shot. We had removed almost all of the heavier debris from the pool bottom with our regular vacuum over the past couple evenings (but have quickly tired of fighting with hoses and having to replace all the water we lost in the process of course). Most of what remains, now, is fine silt and sand, that has settled onto the bottom of our crystal clear pool. We wanted something that would suffice for such a (small) job. We have it plugged in for its initial charge, so fingers crossed when we fire it up in the morning that it performs as well as we hope :)

After doing some more research and the feedback from all of you, I decided to go with the Pool Blaster Max. We received it last Monday and have used it a few times. Definitely much more powerful than the Aqua Broom, and it has a large filter bag that holds the crud when you take it out of the spa. We'll use it in our pool to just pick up small bits of crud, but its primary use will be the spa. We did the spa in about 25% of the time it took with the Aqua Broom. As long as the rechargeable battery provides a long life of recharges, I think this will be an excellent tool for cleaning the spa.:goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.