pavers under posts

May 27, 2015
Lakeland, GA
I am about to start my pool install and was concerned using pavers underneath the posts. I will be using 11 x 11 pavers (smallest and cheapest I could find) and will put down a sand base and the sand will be level with the pavers, my concern is the roughness of the pavers and possible edge of the pavers tearing the liner. Should I put the post in the center of the paver or more toward the front edge of the pavers. Thanks for the help.

The simple solution is to not use pavers. Use a piece of wood. You can bevel the edges of the wood. I have used 1/4" thick wood under my poles and have never had a board crack. Think about it, the bottom of the pool pole is made out of plastic. These are temporary pools. By the time the wood rots away, the pool will be long gone.

I used pavers on our 18X48 and despite being ground level and covered with 3 tarps, it wore a hole into the liner (this was the last summer I put it up only). The pool was 10 summers old and it was ready to be upgraded, but it made the decision to not use pavers under the upgraded model a little easier for me.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.