New from MN!

Update... Free chlorine dropped to 14 this afternoon added 4 gallons of bleach, to raise level back up, pool is clearing, my cc is 1 now. Also there doesn't seem to be much on the pool anywhere except a little yellowish brown sediment around below the jets.

Update... Free chlorine dropped to 14 this afternoon added 4 gallons of bleach, to raise level back up, pool is clearing, my cc is 1 now. Also there doesn't seem to be much on the pool anywhere except a little yellowish brown sediment around below the jets.
Remember, part of the SLAM is brushing once a day. Brush those areas you see stuff. Algae can develop a biofilm over it and be partially protected from the effects of the chlorine. Brushing helps kill faster.

I have no idea ;)
But that seems like an excessively high FC level that would never happen in the pool. Plus the granules are acidic, so the bucket would have a very low pH, also not to be found in the pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ok, new values... Pool is looking good. Cloudy but I am wondering if it could be a calcium issue.... I did the the over night test and gained a point... But I forgot to remove my floaters... Last night my free chlorine was 29.5 and my cc was 0.5 or less... This morning my free chlorine was 30.5 and my cc less than or 0.5, I decided to test the rest.... CH was 475, Ta- 210 and CYA remains at 50... I have to add water today to continue running filter... It is well water, I am going to test the CH out of my tap and see if that's high?

Omg! It feels like we will never get there... My husband cleaned our sand... Looks like that might be why it wasn't clearing all the way... But it's still not clear... Bluer... But still really cloudy. Yes we have been keeping the FC up that least 20... Sometimes 22-25....image.jpg

I am sorry but there is no "normal". :( Each pool is so different.

I DO know that the faster ones are where the owners can babysit the pool and add bleach every hour or two as needed to keep the FC at SLAM level.

If you have to work (like I do) test and add bleach as often as you can. Shoot for at least 4 times a day-morning before work, right when you get home, after dinner and right before bed.

HUGS! Keep taking pics of one place like the steps so you can see the difference. It will be there.

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.