Yellowish Brown stains

Jun 30, 2014
Baltimore, MD
Hi, this was the first year I opened my pool. I hired a company to come out and get it started for me, but I took over getting the pool chemicals balanced. The pool was green and filled with algae. It's been a few weeks since it has been open. The water looks great, except for these stains around the bottom edges of the pool. I've scrubbed them, but haven't been able to get any off. I also tried holding a chlorine puck against it, but that didn't do much either. I have my pool at shock level now, but nothing seems to be getting rid of these stains. Does anyone have any recommendations? Do you think it's mustard algae. It definitely looks organic to me. Here are my most recent test results.

FC- 12
CC- .5
Cal- 250
TA- 90
PH- 7.4
CYA- 30- it was at 0, but I brought it up to 30 recently.

FYI- The pool is plaster.

Thanks!

Identifying the stain dictates the treatment. The tri-chlor tab indicates it is not organic. Take cheap vitamin c tablets, crushed up in a sock, and hold them against the stain for about five minutes. The stain will hopefully disappear or greatly fade....now you know the stain is inorganic.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.