Fired my pool guy. Doing it myself

b-nock

May 24, 2015
San Ysidro, CA
I love that this forum exists. I recently fired my pool guys after the first year in our home. I regret keeping him as long as I did but I really didn't have the time to take care of the pool myself since I am active duty. After taking over just a week ago, I can say it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.
When i took over the pool was turning green. i had a layer of green algae all along the bottom and steps. I started looking online for help. I found this site along with others and have to say its the most thorough. I shocked my pool twice and purchased a new rake, skimmer basket, hose, suction cleaner, and in 4 days I'm ready to swim. Im bragging a little but the pool does look great. Wife is happy too, plus I'm saving a bill a month. in 6 months i will have saved over 75% of the cost and a better looking pool. Thanks!!

First off, my thanks for your service so that we all can enjoy a beautiful day like today (or any other day for that matter).

And huge congrats on firing the pool guy. I don't always enjoy being the pool guy but once you get a hold of it you will be glad that you were not paying someone else to care less about your pool!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk