Cloudy water - advice needed please

May 1, 2011
London, UK
Hi All,

I've just filled my above ground pool with fresh water (I drained and completely cleaned the liner before filling). I turned the pump on and stupidly backwashed it with the power on and then turned the sand filter to rinse. My pool water is now very cloudy. I've put in a shock dose of chlorine (enough to treat 10,000 gallons although my pool is only about 3100!) and it's been filtering for the last hour and a half but still the water's cloudy.

I've also added algaecide.

Any tips on what to do?

Thanks
Daz

:testresults:

darrenkarp said:
I've put in a shock dose of chlorine (enough to treat 10,000 gallons although my pool is only about 3100!) and it's been filtering for the last hour and a half but still the water's cloudy.

I've also added algaecide.
If you are using these products, you are not following our process. To get an overview of what we recommend, I would check out these articles: ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry and Recommended Pool Chemicals. Also would familiarize myself with PoolMath.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.