Always had trouble with CYA...

Jun 1, 2012
until this year. CYA is so low that I can still see the dot easily even with a full tube. The water in the comparator is mildly milky when the tube is full. Water is clear in the pool and SLAM is done. However, we are going to use the pool this weekend. I am using pucks to raise the CYA, but i want to know what range of FC I should be in assuming a 0-10 CYA level...

A few years ago (4) my CYA was so high that the dot disappeared with just a few drops. It has taken that long to get it down without resorting to drastic measures.

3 or 4 FC should be good with 10 CYA. Never let it drop below 1.

I'd advise against using the pucks to raise CYA. They dissolve too slowly. Summer will be over by the time CYA is up to a decent level. And they're very acidic. You might find yourself battling low pH and low TA for months. Why not just add enough CYA to get to 40 or so? Then you have some space to use pucks when you leave town, or to just get rid of them slowly over a period of time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.