Calcium Hardness readings

dubele

Jun 17, 2013
Southeast Pennsylvania
Hi. I wanted get some opinions. I just opened my pool. This was the pools first opening. When I test calcium, I get 560. When I take a water sample to the Anthony Sylvan store, they showed 330 this past Friday and 270 Saturday. My kit is a Taylor and I bought it last year. I keep it in indoors. Is the solution still good?? I need to make a decision on whether to drain water. Lastly, I also posted a few days ago of "crystal like stuff" being sucked up by my Polaris 360. It looks from the responses that this is calcium sulfate. Maybe this is why the readings are high?.....but baffled why the store is showing normal readings

Pool store results are notoriously wrong.

Tip: use 10 ml sample of water and each drop counts as 25 CH. Makes it faster. 10 drops of R-0010, 3 (I use 5) drops of R-0011, and then count the R-0012 like normal.

Do you have hard water? You'll know it by clogged up coffeemakers and showerheads. If so, 560 is actually pretty good.

Hi Richard. I did what you said already. I get 14.....which means 560 CH. Is my kit still good being a year old??

- - - Updated - - -

Oh....One more thing. I filled my pool last May, not this year and it was my house water. I don't think my water is that hard. Also, all last year my CH levels were fine with my Taylor testings and the store I go to. So, I don't know what is going on here

Hi Richard. I did what you said already. I get 14.....which means 560 CH. Is my kit still good being a year old??

- - - Updated - - -

Oh....One more thing. I filled my pool last May, not this year and it was my house water. I don't think my water is that hard. Also, all last year my CH levels were fine with my Taylor testings and the store I go to. So, I don't know what is going on here
14 drops of R-0012 in a 10 ml sample gives CH of 350. I think it's just a simple arithmetic error.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.