Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cleaning aluminum ladders from an inground pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Cleaning aluminum ladders from an inground pool

Hello all,

This is the 2nd year I will be closeing my 16 x 32 inground pool myself. Last year went well but this year when I removed my ladder and railing, the bottom of the railings that go into the holes in the ground are very dirty with a white residue and little spots of rust. Is there anything I can do or use to #1 clean the railings and #2 prevent the bottom from rusting?
    Any information would be greatly appriciated and thankyou in advance.

Norbert
    26,000 Gallons; 16 X 32 w/ 4 X 8 Steps; Vinyl Liner; Hayward EC65A DE Filter; Hayward 2607X10 1 HP Pump; Hayward CL200 In-Line Chlorinator; LOOP-LOC Winter Mesh Safety Cover; Aquabot Supreme Automatic Robotic Cleaner; Bromine;

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Cleaning aluminum ladders from an inground pool

Not sure if this helps but mine are stainless steel and had some light rust on them.

I hooked up a wire brush to the end of my cordless drill. Stripped it clean. Worked great.

I then polished it up a bit with some WD40 to help remove whatever else was there.

Next spring I plan to put some vasaline on the bottom and once I have it in there, I plan to use some clear caulk to keep out any moisture. Then the caulk can be removed when I winterize it and that should take care of it I hope.

I read some posts from Ted - Waste on here and that was informative as well.

Hope that helps.
    Chad R.

POOL SIZE: 16 x 32' Vinyl lined pool. 22,000 gallons. 8' deep. 2009 Hayward 1.5 HP Super Pump. Hayward S310S 30" 500 lb Sand filter. 1 skimmer and 2 returns. Solar Blanket.

Pics of my pool: http://s307.photobucket.com/albums/nn312/reindeerboy/

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Cleaning aluminum ladders from an inground pool

Exactly the info I needed,

Thank you very much...

Norbert
    26,000 Gallons; 16 X 32 w/ 4 X 8 Steps; Vinyl Liner; Hayward EC65A DE Filter; Hayward 2607X10 1 HP Pump; Hayward CL200 In-Line Chlorinator; LOOP-LOC Winter Mesh Safety Cover; Aquabot Supreme Automatic Robotic Cleaner; Bromine;