From Green Swamp to Cloudy blue Need help

Hello there! I can finally see all the way to the bottom of my deep end yay! Now I can see what I'm brushing. I also discovered what looks like a drain, but per my hubby he said it doesn't work, not sure what that means. He said it has a plastic cover that can't be unscrewed and some sort of grate? Not sure what to do about that? Also, I can now see the blanket of dust/dead algae on pool floor what kind of vaccum do I need to pick that up? My CYA (because I'm still new to testing) appears to be at 30-40, safe to say 35 for an average. My FC just now at 17.5 and CC .5. I'm pretty sure I'm done slamming based on what I've read? For the over night lods test I only lost .5 of FC.

Ok I'll keep it up. The crystal clear criteria means the dust is gone too? I do feel like I've come a long way :) Should I be using any skimmer or return socks to help catch all this dirt? I do see a lot of Polen from Neighbors tree floating in water daily.

Hello and Good Morning. This am ( it is 9:18 am in Modesto, Ca) I checked my FC and CC levels and the results were FC - 15.0 and CC .5. Last night or early early am (1 am) I was at FC 16 and CC .5. My pool is in need of a replaster so may be reason I'm having a bit more trouble clearing water. But, I did the quarter test and I was able to see that it was heads. When I took a picture of pool I was able to see in more detail that I have stains and I believe what looked like loose plaster. The other day we vaccummed as much of the dust on bottom had to clean filters 5 times, kept clogging, pool looked much better. We don't have the cloud storms when I brush after that. I still see floating debris which I can now make out and see that it is some kind of palm tree blossom, they keep falling from the trees. I'm going to post pictures. See what you all think. I may need some type of thin netting to catch this palm tree mess. Any suggestions would be appreciated and ability to safely swim is our goal. And if anyone can recommend a reasonable plastering company in Modesto area that would also be awesome! Thanks in advance. This site has been very helpful. My CYA is 35. One last thing... Can we get into water to do more detailed brushing, tile cleaning and light changing?

It sounds like you are good to go!

Use the FC/CYA chart to know when it is safe to swim. Anything under SLAM level for your CYA is safe! (of course if your FC is on the higher side it might fade your suits)

CANNON BALL! :swim:

Kim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.