New SWG needed for semi above ground pool

nfusion770

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 1, 2011
We've had a Jandy Aquapure EI for 3 years and the control unit died in year 2 (fixed under warranty) and again in year 3. Entering year 4 it's time to cut my losses and replace it with something reliable. I have an above ground pool installed partially below ground. I'm a little confused as to the difference between above ground and below ground SWG. I'd like to get a Hayward Aqua Right as it seems to get good reviews and is reliable. Will that work or do I need to hunt down an AG SWG? Thanks for any feedback.

Generally the only difference between a IG and AG SWG system is that the IG is designed to be hardwired and not just have a plug.

Looks like you likely have hardwired equipment already, so the AquaRite would be fine. I would recommend you get the 40k T-15 cell.

Generally the only difference between a IG and AG SWG system is that the IG is designed to be hardwired and not just have a plug.

Looks like you likely have hardwired equipment already, so the AquaRite would be fine. I would recommend you get the 40k T-15 cell.

Thanks for the response and advice.

I currently have a plug in unit, but I can hardwire if need be. Are there any plug in units that are any good or should I just hard wire and get something with a good track record like the Hayward?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.