Liquidator losing prime + found flow indicator

poolhound

LifeTime Supporter
May 17, 2008
Elgin, SC
I have been using the liquidator for 4 years with only minor problems. My 1/4" tubing has begun cracking and I decided to upgrade to 3/8" while replacing the tubing. My Liquidator, filter and pump are above the water level of my IG pool and I have had (rare) problems of the LQ outlet (connected to pump basket drain) draining down below the float outlet and letting air into the pump inlet so that the pump would not prime. I did not have any check valves in the system. I installed the 3/8' upgrade without a flow indicator nor check valves and my LQ now drains down every time the pump shuts off (I have it on a timer) and I lose prime (adding a bucket of water to LQ tank solves problem). I found a replacement flow indicator at Amazon (Pentair #R172080 about $20) and it came with a check valve which I have installed and problem remains. I suspect the problem is the outlet float valve is not shutting off/sealing properly and allows the water level to drain too low, which would be solved by a replacement float valve, but I haven't been able to find one. I have ordered check valves from US Plastics with cracking pressures of 1/3 psi and another of 1 psi in hope that the check valve will provide the seal the float valve is not providing. Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.