Rogerbrks new build

After 9hrs the water has gotten up to the 2nd step in the pool. I never realized that the water coming out of my hose was green. On occassion I would drink some when I'm working in the yard. Never again!

Waterfillatthe2ndstep745.jpg

The pool is completely full. :rockon: It took just over 23hrs. My water meter reading was 610,990. With a few showers by the family and water dripping out the faucet. Approx 21k gallons. Maybe a little less.

PoolFillComplete2.jpg

PoolFillComplete.jpg

The rep of my PB is suppose to come out after lunch and start the equipment up. Now it's time for landscaping and shading the back patio

Well, we got the pool completely filled on last Thursday and they started the pump on Friday. Added some chemicals and the kids were swimming on Saturday and Sunday. There was a problem with a circuit board in the Jandy Purelink power center so the water features did not work. The PB informed me that the part would come in on Saturday and they would be back on Monday to put the circuit board in. They "hot wired" the filter pump to move the water for filtration. Well the circuit board did not come in on Saturday nor Monday. The circuit board came in on Tuesday and they came out to install it. Well, as they were trying to get the water features to work one of the pipes had a leak and the pool light would not come. The irrigation company damaged one of the pipes and cut the electric line to the lights and a junctuon box. The PB was very responsive. They had a plumber and an electrician come out to try and fix each problem. The plumber took 20 minutes to locate the broken pipe and fix it. The electrician couldn't fix his so they are coming out today and attempt to fix it. To this point I have not experience any problems, set backs or hinderances. The pool company's tag line is 'Swimming in 29 days' and they had it done in 24 working days. With rain and not working on Sundays. The only hassle was the irrigation repair company damaging pipes and wires as well as additional tiles that needed to be ordered for the retaining wall. The tiles will be in on Friday and they should have them installed on Saturday. perfect timing for the Holiday weekend. For those in the CenTex area, I highly recommend Summit Pools.

Final Pictures coming soon

Well its been awhile and I finally got the chance to down load the pictures of the finished pool. It took longer for the tiles on the retaining wall to ship than the actual build. Go figure. Life has gotten less stressful and the kids have already recouped the cost of getting our little oasis done.

62.jpg

63.jpg

64.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That is just beautiful! I love that retaining wall. Besides being beautiful, it would be a hindrance to kids running around the pool, I'd think. In my pool, you can walk completely around the pool and it seems the little boys are always getting in trouble for chasing each other around the pool - it's just so tempting - but timeout worthy, when they do.

Seems like even though you had some issues that your PB was very responsive. You are very fortunate. Not all of them are so attentive.

I know this pool builder, he builds a nice pool. Must have built 15 or so in my neighborhood including my next door neighbors. The only thing I don't agree with him on is his preference for cartridge filters. I hate cleaning cartridges with a passion :)

lovingHDTV said:
I know this pool builder, he builds a nice pool. Must have built 15 or so in my neighborhood including my next door neighbors. The only thing I don't agree with him on is his preference for cartridge filters. I hate cleaning cartridges with a passion :)

Why do I have the feeling you live in the Forest with a Creek in it.

Roger,

Trying to figure out if your decking is multi-color, or do the pics just make it appear that way?

Do you know exactly what deck product it is? and how do you like it?

The decking is still the hardest decision for me, and isn't settled in my mind yet...

Thanks,
Steve

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.