Please Help with Hayward H150 Heater

Lee412

May 7, 2015
West Mifflin , PA
I just bought the h150 last weekend, and have had the worse time getting it started. I ran 3/4 black pipe out to it as per the manual for 50 ft. Everything is properly was properly set up but it would give me the 1f code. I had the gas company come up and they gave me a larger meter up and said it was a 250btu. The problem is today I finally got it started for the first time after the new meter. However, I forgot to light my hot water tank back up. I shut off the heater and went inside to do so and then tried about an he later and got the 1f again....idk if the gas company can provide me with more pressure or any suggestions?....my hot water tank is 100k btu heater is 150k but, and furnace 75k btu. The gas company said it should be fine because all 3 gas things will not be running at the same time....please help :).....tried to call Hayward being the machine is a week old but have waited up to 3 hrs on phone several times and no amswer

What water heater do you have that is 100,000 btu? Is this a tankless? Why was the water tank off during this? Is the gas line out to the heater new this year and was it pressure tested prior to turning the gas on?

Sounds like you have enough gas line to run this. Did you purge the line?

umm im not sure it is my water tank inside my house..When the gas company was there installing new meter he said it was a 100k btu water heater. The tank was off because I had to shut the main gas meter off to repair my gas line on the inside of the house (no shut off). The gas line is brand new and I did not pressure test it. I just tested for leaks and didnt find any with soap and water nor did I smell any. I had the heater running but and then didnt want to heat my pool over the night last night so I shut the heater off. When I went back in my house I remembered that I didnt relight the hot water tank. I did so and then my fiance came home and went out to show her the heater is working and couldnt get it to work it showed me the f1 error code again

What needs to be checked is the gas in coming pressure at the heater and the the pressure on the manifold side of the heater when it tries to fire. There is a label inside the heater that tells what the pressure needs to be. It is inches Water Column(W.C.) I'm guessing since the gas company was there that you don't have or need a regulator at the heater?

Last post is right on, you need to have someone put a Manometer on the incoming and manifold of the gas valve to check gas. 3/4" is ok for 50'. Do you have a flex line from the 3/4" line to the heater. If yes, change it out to all black pipe. Flex line bought at HD or lowes tend to only be 50,000btu rated. Flex lines cause IF codes all the time. With the Manometer on the incoming side you will see if the pressure drops below label requirements.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.