New vinyl liner

Why does yours look so clean? I just had my liner replaced a couple of weeks ago (I posted some pics in a similar thread) and my walls had rust spots and I had green stuff on the floor (algae/mildew?).

What is bleach clean up of walls? I wish this thread was started a couple of months ago ;(

new liner going in
FullSizeRender.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

lining it up with the steps
FullSizeRender.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

top two steps only have rods in pockets to hold them in place, salt bags hold the liner in place until the pressure from the water holds the rest
FullSizeRender.jpg

Jrguzmanr, my walls are some kind of plastic, and there was hardly any funky green stuff behind the liner on the walls or the vermiculite
Ernie

- - - Updated - - -

Kim, no wrinkles so I'm really happy with how it went in. Also the seam work on the steps, bench, and tile ring are virtually invisible.
Ernie

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It does look great! I'm curious... Maybe I missed it, but how old was the liner you were replacing?
Seven years, We were using a pool service and though I can't prove it I'm sure they put lots more chemicals in than were necessary. The liner became brittle and started cracking last fall. Also the pool liner was faded almost white BELOW the waterline. Another factor could be that our old marble gray liner was only offered one year so it might have been a color issue.

I wonder just how high your CYA was? See when I had my first pool I was SO pool stored that it ruined my liner. My CYA was so high and all of my levels so far off that my liner got brittle and gave way in one big WOOSH!

That will never happen again to either one us now! We both have a good test kit AND TFP!

Kim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.