? about floating solar powered salt water chlorine generator

About ten minutes ago I was looking at Home Depot to find a tree to replace one downed in a storm Saturday and came across a solar powered floating pool filter. It claims a life of thirty years and states you can just turn off your existing pool equipment and help save the planet. And it can be yours for only $799.00. Yeah, right. Somehow I don't think this will get the job done just like the solar powered SWCG.

http://t.homedepot.com/p/Natural-Cu..._pip1_rr-3-_-NA-_-204417251-_-N&showPLP=false

Don't think they'll create enough chlorine to be effective. Do they tell the out put? How many watts are the solar cells?

It says it's rated for 15k gallons. I just switched my filter system from cartridge to sand and had to replace a frozen pump. I was interested in a swcg but couldn't afford it after replacing the filter system. I was thinking maybe this floater would help with the chlorine. Maybe it's too good to be true. Have only found 2 reviews and while it says it will last for 8 years...I don't think they've been out long enough to verify.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.