Pentair MasterTemp 400 error E06

I'm getting error code E06. When I pressed the Pool on button the other day, the temp showed but the heater didn't start. Now the error code will not turn off and none of the buttons seem to do anything. Any ideas.
on the LED diagnostics page of the owners manual it says for E05 or E06 to check fuel supply and heater orifices. My iPad isn't cooperating with me today or I would link.

I'm getting error code E06. When I pressed the Pool on button the other day, the temp showed but the heater didn't start. Now the error code will not turn off and none of the buttons seem to do anything. Any ideas.
I know this is an old thread but wanted to add my experience. I have a mastertemp 250 (pentair). I went to turn it on for the first time this year and it threw the E06 error. I read this thread and it stated something about the supply line. I unhooked my gas line going into the heater and opened the valve for about 3 seconds (It was closed all winter). I closed it back off and then hooked the gas line back up. The E06 error is gone and the heater fired up.

I would like to add that error codes E05 and E06 will not automatically clear. You should cut the power to your heater for a few seconds. After I reset the breaker, E06 was cleared and the heater started working again. It's a simple 5 second process that may save you the time, effort and frustration of replacing the flue stack sensor. I wonder how many folks have replaced their sensor when a breaker reset would have fixed the problem. I was in the process of ordering a new one when I found out that you have to reset the breaker to clear the code. When I replaced the sensor a few years ago, I shut off power to the unit while servicing it. Interesting. Hope this helps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.