Best / worst brands

Which brand of spa do you prefer for its quality?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Slowpoke

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 3, 2012
Corpus Christi, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi y'all. After all the hassle with our old Intex EasySet AGP, I've decided just to buy a spa.

Any advice on brands to look into (or avoid) would be appreciated. Do certain manufacturers enjoy a better reputation than others?

Thanks in advance,
SP

Hi SP,
Not familiar with any brands of hot tub. Actually, not even sure what brand mine is LOL. When we were shopping for a hot tub we determined that we were most interested in buying from a good local dealer who has been in business for a long time and will be there when we need them.

Had ours for about a year and a half, love it. I get in it almost everyday.

Thanks for responding, pooldv. I will be going around to all the dealers in time, but I wanted to check with folks here first to get unbiased opinions first.

Not to imply that dealers aren't honest, but their opinions are affected by what they are trying to sell.

The only experience I have is with my Hot Spring Sovereign spa I purchased 12 years ago. It has worked flawlessly all this time even through numerous lightning storms that could have damaged the controller but didn't. The only negative thing I can say about it is that they didn't use treated wood for the construction of the cabinet. Wood rot and carpenter ants are taking a toll on it. I am in the process of building a new panel for one end now using treated plywood in place of the pieced together pine framework they used. If you can place it indoors out of the elements it should last a very long time.

Great information, thanks C5Mike.

Between the humidity, likelihood of insect contact, and the possibility of ground contact, I'm shocked that any spa manufacturer would use non-PT wood.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.