90 degree angle

kdufresne826

Feb 7, 2021
MA
Hi all!

We are in the process of designing our pool. They are scheduled to start digging in a few weeks. I love the look of 90 degree angles for a rectangle pool. Our pool company suggested 6 inch radius. I’ve been on the fence on which to choose. Does anyone have 90 degree angles anymore? Can anyone give feedback if they have issues with their liner? I really love look but don’t want to run into unnecessary problems! Thanks so much!

Welcome to TFP.

What type of pool are you building? Vinyl liner?

@jimmythegreek thoughts?

Last edited:
i have an 18x36 installed in september, the radius is 6" - the only issue you will have is with the coping, it will be angled on the corners instead of a 90. I didn't even think of it until after it was installed and I started doing the coping work myself. I think 6" is pretty standard though for liners.

you can see the what i am doing with the coping here:

90s are a nightmare to clean, they look nice, but that's where it ends. Even 6" radius can have a hard time staying tight to the wall in corners. With the right coping/deck selection it can look very modern and geometric

i have an 18x36 installed in september, the radius is 6" - the only issue you will have is with the coping, it will be angled on the corners instead of a 90. I didn't even think of it until after it was installed and I started doing the coping work myself. I think 6" is pretty standard though for liners.

you can see the what i am doing with the coping here:
This was so helpful! Thank you! Love your work.

Personal preference being what it is and all, I can’t even guess what will bother you down the road. What I can tell you is that once the whole area is finished and landscaped, you will have to actively try to see the corners at all. Your eyes will be overloaded with patio furniture, toys/etc and the blinding reflection of the TFP pool.

Now, will you still go completely out of your way to see it and will it bother you ? Maybe. Lol. But I promise you that you will be the only one to ever even know or care.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.